21 Sep Reuben Redux
Difficult to photograph, but easy to make. This lighter and healthier version of the traditional Reuben replaces corn beef with turkey. Sauerkraut and Thousand Island give it just enough bite to balance the meat and cheese. Play around with a homemade Thousand Island and you’ll cut cals without sacrificing flavor. Thank you Recipe Redux for giving us an excuse to whip together this classic sandwich.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 slices Pumpernickel or Rye Bread
- 4 slices Boar’s Head Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 2 slices Cabot Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing or homemade Thousand Island
- (check out Cooking Light’s Russian Dressing recipe)
Preheat large skillet on low-medium heat. Butter each side of bread and build sandwich on skillet. Spread Thousand Island Dressing. Layer one slice Cabot Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese and 2 slices Oven Roasted Turkey Breast. Top off with Sauerkraut, and grill for 2-3 minutes.
get the InLinkz code
‘); // ]]>