29 Oct Welch's + Zagat Taste the Harvest Guide 2012
Recently, the “Taste the Harvest Guide: How and Where to Eat Fresh, Local and Seasonal,” was released at the 2011 Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE. Obviously, my invitation was lost in the mail to that event. Just kidding–I’d already been privvy to a sneak peek as I was fortunate enough to work on this first-ever guide on how and where to eat local and seasonal.
You know Welch’s…the people who made the Concord Grape famous-and Zagat-you know-THE restaurant guide to find the best food for any city around the world. They teamed up to create a 64 page FREE booklet that lists farm to table restaurants, farmers markets, seasonal produce and heart healthy recipes. It’s a no-cost resource that makes it easy for people to support the EAT local/seasonal movement.
My colleague Mary Kimbrough RD, LD and I were both contributors to the guide as well. Our recipe, Layered Summer Fruit Salad with Grape Juice, Ginger and Lime Syrup is one of the seven featured recipes, along with:
· Zagat Ratings & Reviews for restaurants in 16 US markets recognized for their farm-to-table practices
· A selection of farmers markets across the country
· A “What Produce is in Season When” list
· Tips for incorporating heart-healthy, seasonal fruits and vegetables into your diet
· Profile of a Welch’s family-farmer owner, who plants, cares for, and harvests Welch’s Concord grapes
The guide is available for download-FREE-here http://www.welchs.com/zagat
Do you patronize food establishments who are focused on local products? If so, what’s your go-to source for information?