Ahh, the joy of expectant motherhood. Where to register, what color to paint the room, what to name my child, and a GLUCOSE monitor?
As a 39-year-old, first time mom-to-be who just happens to be a registered dietitian, I take attendees on a wild ride through diagnosis, treatment, management and the outcome of my gestational diabetes diagnosis. Follow my story from the patient’s perspective (with enough medical knowledge to make myself dangerous) and how I quickly realized that the patient CARE I received was just as important as the medical care provided.
Robin Plotkin will share with attendees:
- Her personal story of gestational diabetes diagnosis, treatment, management and outcome
- How compassion and empathy in the management and treatment of the disease looks different for each patient
- Why practitioners must change their communication style based on the patient in front of them-not vice versa
- The efforts of her medical team in providing the intangible “care” –what worked and what didn’t
- Challenge attendees to put the “care” into their patient care with three take home tactics