09 Mar Peanut butter chocolate oatmeal cups with flaxseed
We’re in a breakfast rut over here. I’m tired of the same old, same old and so is my kid. (the hubs will eat cereal every day of his life). I was looking for inspiration last week when I stumbled upon Real Mom Nutrition’s peanut butter, chocolate oatmeal cups.
Real Mom Nutrition does good work. I trust her. So, I set off to make a batch of my own breakfast-y, oatmeal-y thingys. It wasn’t until I was gathering the ingredients that I realized there was no flour in this recipe–I’d been calling these muffins-but, alas–they weren’t muffins at all–they were like mini bowls of oatmeal in muffin tins. And, because of the lack of dry ingredients, there was only 1 bowl to clean. Even. Better.
Here’s RMN’s recipe with just a few modifications..and FYI, I rarely use muffin liners–I’m a rebel that way.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE OATMEAL CUPS with FLAXSEED
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 T ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash bananas in mixing bowl. Add rest of ingredients and stir well.
- Line muffin pan with 12 paper/silicone liners. Fill each one with batter (it will come to the top or even a bit heaping).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops become slightly browned.